Happy Valentines Day! We’ve made it to February 14th in 2018 and I’m just hopping on here to wish you the best one yet! Maybe some of y’all are thinking “OK, this girl has some nerve.” and wishing you could stay asleep for the next 48 hours of heart-shaped cookies and cheesy hallmarks. I know it can all be a lot and when you’re not exactly in a relationship it’s easy to become a little hardened to the holiday. I know a few weeks ago the thought of Valentines hit me like a ton of bricks. Ya know what though? Valentines Day is about celebrating love. Love. It’s not specifically for couples. It can be a love you share with your parents, siblings, grandparents, and friends. Last year my sweet dad surprised me with the flowers and a special Italian dinner. This year I am spending Valentines at home and plan on taking my adorable grandma out for tea. We might even get crazy and wear big hats and order extra scones.
I totally understand the stereotypes that come with this day but don’t give them a second thought. Don’t wish for something to happen before it’s time. God has you. His timing is perfect and His promises are faithful. In Song of Solomon 8 verse 4B it gives us some wisdom in this area. It says “don’t excite love, don’t stir it up, until the time is ripe–and you’re ready.” God knows when the perfect moment is for the perfect moment, if you know what i mean. Those thoughts of a fairy tale valentines day can be fun to think about, just don’t let them get past your head. There is no reason to create something that God has intentions to create for you. He is always better with the paint brush.
Maybe you are dating someone right now and you’re thinking “Maybe I don’t need this blog”. Before you hit that X, remember that the most important relationship we can celebrate is our relationship with Jesus Christ. God’s love means more to me than a box of Sherri’s Berrys ever could and so I choose to focus on that. One more thing before we scroll down to the “BEST 5 WAYS”, Our Blog IG is having a VDAY Giveaway. Click the photo to join in the fun!
Ok NOW for the reason your reading this post: 5 Ways To Enjoy Valentines As A SINGLE
- Determine when you wake up to celebrate LOVE in every way you can. Maybe it will take a little time to call your parents and family, even friends but it will fill your heart with joy as you check each special person off in your life. (you can send txt messages and E-cards, even little gift cards as well)
- Choose to spend quality time with The One who loved you first. Set aside a good amount of time, make some tea, turn on some worship music, light a candle and just spend time with Jesus. I always feel so refreshed when I take time to do this. (A few weeks ago God gave me a song when i was feeling a little lonely. You can play it here. )
- Drive to your local florist or grocery and buy your favorite flowers. Then park your car in a downtown area or shopping area and pass out each flower, wishing everyone a Happy Valentines Day. This is called “flower bombing” and it’s quite fun.
- Call all your best girls and have them over for a Galentines party. It doesn’t have to be fancy. Yall could make triple chocolate ice cream Sundaes and exchange valentines cards like you did in elementary school.
- The last thing you can do to enjoy this Valentines as a single is to constantly choose joy. Focus on the relationships that you can cultivate and celebrate them. It’s all about LOVE and how better can you celebrate it by showing God’s love to everyone around you? There is no better way in my opinion.
- OH 1 More Thing: EAT ALL THE SWEETS and don’t think about it. hehe Much love , Elena